I've taken a much needed rest. But now I'll fill you in on our holiday activities. We got out of the bad weather and went to California to see our families.
Man do I love that kid!!
Now please be warned... the next couple pictures are not pretty. You might want to ask any young children to leave the room.
Now please be warned... the next couple pictures are not pretty. You might want to ask any young children to leave the room.
You might wonder what in the heck I'm doing in that first picture. Believe it or not, I'm smiling.
I came down with bells palsy right before Christmas. MERRY CHRISTMAS! I had a terrible headache for a couple days then I lost all movement to the left side of my face. I was scared! I thought I had a stroke or something! But a wonderful man in my parents ward who is an ER doctor took time out of his Christmas eve to see me and tell me no... I wasn't dying. So it's been about 4 weeks now, and I'm slowly recovering. I got some great advice to go to an acupuncturist. Weird, and I'm not sure how it works.... but it does. You can see my progress above.
I came down with bells palsy right before Christmas. MERRY CHRISTMAS! I had a terrible headache for a couple days then I lost all movement to the left side of my face. I was scared! I thought I had a stroke or something! But a wonderful man in my parents ward who is an ER doctor took time out of his Christmas eve to see me and tell me no... I wasn't dying. So it's been about 4 weeks now, and I'm slowly recovering. I got some great advice to go to an acupuncturist. Weird, and I'm not sure how it works.... but it does. You can see my progress above.
17 comments:
Oh Julia, I am SO happy you are doing better! We were all so worried about you. Take care of yourself. Happy Birthday big guy!!! Love you both.
You are truely amazing, Julia. You have such a great attitude even when things aren't exactly going your way! I know great things are just around the corner. Hang in there. Love you both.
Oooooh, Julia... I heard about it but that is extreme. I didn't expect it to be so bad :( But, the improvement is HUGE. You wouldn't really know unless you tell people.. accupuncture is amazing.
Cute boys! (both of 'em...) and I'm glad you had a great Christmas with your family :) Love you.
Wow! You look GREAT! I'm so glad you're getting feeling back in your face and even more thankful the pain has eased up. That was scary! I think we should do a Christmas do-over! Love you!
That is progress! How was the acupuncturist? Did it hurt at all? It looks like it's worth it! I'm sorry you have to go through all that. At least you got to spend time with Dax and eat really good chocolate cake. Love you!
Happy Birthday to Brett! And sorry about the Bell's Palsy. I had that myself a couple of years ago. It stinks & is so embarrassing!! Mine went away on it's own so maybe it wasn't as bad.
WOWEE!! What a shocker! I'm glad it's getting so much better, yay!!!
Hi Julia! It's your cousin Ashley. Your mom gave me your blog address. It's fun seeing what you are up to these days!
My husband has a slight case of permanent bells palsy - he can't move his left eyebrow and his left eye doesn't close all the way. He has been that way his whole life but he just found out this summer that it is bells palsy. Anyway, we were talking about it like just yesterday and he told me that people can just get it for a few weeks like a virus, and I never knew that before! And then I come to your blog and find out that you have it! That's crazy. I hope you keep recovering well. I can imagine that it'd be pretty scary to suddenly not be able to move half of your face!
Anyway, hope you stop by my blog sometime - all of my siblings and my mom are linked from mine. I started blogging a couple of years ago and got everyone in my family going on it! I love the internet and the way we can all keep in touch!
Jules...that is a huge improvement. I'm glad you found something that is showing such good results. You're gonna be back to good as new in new time.
I also want to ditto what Chris said. YOu are such a good example! and I feel priviledged to be your cousin. Love you lots!
Hey Julia, I found your blog from Kelly Munns'. Holy cow, have you fully recovered now, because I didn't even notice at church today. Also, we're so sad we missed the b-day party. We were planning on going, but then ended up getting out of town a few days earlier than we planned because of all the nasty weather. Anyway, it sure looks like it was a lot of fun.
Hi Julia - it is your cousin Katie. I can't believe you have had a blog all this time and I just found out about it. Glad to see what you are up to. Your house looks beautiful - didn't even know you were living in Oregon!
Julia! I'm so glad you found my blog so we can keep in touch! I'm bummed we missed you at Christmas too. I was hoping to go to the temple with you guys or something. Next time we're out there right? Glad to see you are getting better- let us know if we can do anything to help!
Was I the great advice????? Did the acupuncture help???? Did I actually do some good for some other person on the planet???? You look great! There is nothing scarier than losing control of your face...I would know! I am a two-timer. Acupuncture is absolutely amazing!
Oh, I am so glad you're feeling better, and WOW! Isn't acupuncture amazing!! Gotta give a shout out to CT Holman (www.redwoodspring.com). He is the BEST!!!
:)
I miss you. Where did you go?
Ok, now it's time to come back in March! Your heading in January was "I'm back!" and then you left us again..... I miss you :)
Wow! It has been so long since I have seen you guys. I got your blog from Cristan. It's nice to catch up on your life and see what you all have been up to. We need to get together next time you are in SLC. Feel free to check out my blog and add me to your list. Blogging is a great way to stay in touch. Hope all is well with you both. Love Chanda
Post a Comment