Monday, February 12, 2007

Winter Carnival

This weekend was the Winter Carnival at Hoodoo (where we go skiing). There was also a birthday party for one of Sydney's friends there too, so it was a fun filled day for the kids. And a lot of sitting around for Patti and I, although watching Sydney dance to the live band kept us entertained for hours!



That night they had a torchlight decent. They turned out all the lights so it was pitch black, and then dozens of experienced skiers came down the hill with torches. It was beautiful! Once they all made it to the bottom there was a fireworks show. The next best thing to seeing fireworks over the ocean, is fireworks over the snow. When they exploded they lit up the whole mountain in red, purple, green and gold. I think it was the best firework show I'd ever seen! Thanks Patti for letting us come and spend the day!

8 comments:

Beth said...

Cute pictures. I heard it was a lot of fun. :) And I heard Syd was hilarious on the dance floor. NOT SURE my mom is gonna love that picture of her hair. ;) hee heee

Cassie said...

That sounds SO fun! I love fireworks! Wish we could have been there!

Julia said...

To Patti's defense she was outside in the freezing temp wearing a beanie right before this picture and also, hair is impossible to controll there because it's so dry.

Beth said...

Ok, you are telling me that my mother was in a beanie and you did NOT get a picture of it??? JULLLIAA! I thought I taught you better!!!!! :) :)

taylor said...

Brett looks so cute in ski wear and goggles! I miss you guys!

Patti said...

I just got the internet back Julia!!!! What a horrible picture, but what an awesome day we had! It is an absolutely beautiful place and I was able to sit in the lodge and watch 3 or 4 ski runs and enjoy the sights. (As you can tell though, I didn't stay in the lodge the whole time, and that's why my hair is flat It went between snow and rain part of teh day and I was lucky enough to be out in the rain). SUCH FUN,thanks for coming over!

Erin said...

FUN! i love that first picture of syd, she looks so intense with her dancing with her hand on her hip and that facial expression.

and I bet that fireworks show was awesome! wish i could hang out with you guys.

Anonymous said...

Patti, did you get a haircut? It does look a little like your moms.