Tuesday, February 6, 2007

YUM!

In my desperate attempt to lose weight and get healthy, I've been searching for healthy recipes. Here's a real tasty one that I thought I'd share with y'all.

Mandarin Orange, Tart Apple and Chicken Salad
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup sugar (or Splenda)
5-6 oz mixed salad greens
1 cup diced cooked chicken breast
1 cup tart apples cut in julienne strips (I grated it =)
1/2 cup sliced or slivered toasted almonds
1/2 cup thinly sliced red onions
1 11oz can mandarin oranges, drained.

1. In a bowl, combine vinegars, oil and sugar. Mix until fully emulsified; set aside.
2. In a large salad bowl, combine mixed greens, chicken, apple, tasted almonds, and red onions. Toss gently with dressing.
3. Garnish with mandarin oranges. Makes 4-8 servings.

5 comments:

mom said...

Thanks Julia! Sounds wonderful. Keep em comin! I love you!

Patti said...

This sounds so good. Maybe we'll make it this weekend?!?! I love the reunion idea - but I love the sound of AZ!!! I miss my house and all my "stuff". I would love to share it with people. Anytime you want to get out of the cold - you are welcome to go visit it.

Beth said...

Thanks Julia!! I love to try new recipes - especially ones that will help my weight issue - and this sounds TASTY. :)

Erin said...

sounds tasty! thank you for sharing the love.

mom said...

More pictures PLEASE....