Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Lunch with a little embarrassment on the side

I met Brett for lunch today at Del Taco. (I know Beth, that's not on my diet. I said I was going to get in shape.... I didn't necessarily mean today)

We ordered our macho size combo meal and sat down at a table to wait for our food. While we waited Brett studied the receipt and compared it to the menu board above the counter. And OH MY GOSH, we were charged 60 cents too much!!! We've been through this before, and I knew what was coming. He stood up to go talk to the manager and get our 60 cents back, and I snuck out the back door to hide.

7 comments:

Cassie said...

That is SSSSOOOO funny! I can't believe he went to go fight with them! The best part is most likely no one there would be able to speak a whole conversation in English for him to explain what went wrong! I'm with you I would have ran out the back door and hoped they didn't spit in our food!

Julia said...

Cassie, no worries, he'll argue in Spanish if need be.

Cori said...

hahahaha I love Brett, thats hillarious! I would have snuck out the back too.

Emily said...

He is too funny! I guess it's good, he's watching out for you and your money, right? I'm sure the manager spent some time laughing after you guys left. Are you camping, backpacking, or building this weekend?

taylor said...

Gotta love Brett.

Beth said...

60 cents.. C'mon now!! How about if I send you 5 bucks and Brett, you promise never to do that again while Julia is with you :)

Erin said...

with me and ryan that scenario would have been switched, probably not over 60 cents, maybe 75 though. hehe