Not only did we make it back alive from our first backpacking trip, but we had a great time too! I know this may shock some of you but..... I cant wait to do it again! I was rather proud of myself - not only did I hike 5 miles into the wilderness carrying a huge backpack, I overcame my fear of (i hope this isn't too much info) "going" in the woods. Here are some pictures from our trip:
Here's Charlie raring to go right before we set out. He's such a good helper!
Here's Brett on the trail Notice Charlie up at the front. He was constantly fighting to be in the lead, and I was constantly in the back.
Beautiful beautiful scenery, and me bringing up the rear
Not a very good picture of us, but check out that view!
Brett and Charlie at camp.
There was still some snow on the ground which turned out to be very convenient. Especially when we needed to put out our fire.
Another picture of Charlie in the lead and me bringing up the rear.
8 comments:
Wow, I am proud of you Julia!!! What amazing scenery - it makes me MISS Oregon so much. Enjoy every minute of that beautiful place.
Beautiful!! I am super impressed that you did your business in the woods.. your muc braver than I am, I havent worked up the courage to do that yet. Glad you made it back safe!
That is AWESOME!! I am so proud of you. That really does look fun. Did you guys actually sleep in that little pup tent, or was that just for the pup?
That really sounds fun, I bet Charlie had a blast too. That tent looks awfully small for you and Brett.
Way to Go! I am really impressed too. The views are amazing. They look like they should be in a magazine or something. Anyways, I think we might have to plan a trip out there soon because while I was looking at your blog every time Cam saw Charlie he was saying "Dog..dog..dog..woof..woof" yeah he LOVES dogs and it'd be fun to see you guys too ;) Love ya!
Cassie that would be awsome!
And if you can believe it, the THREE of us slept in that little tent! Charlie kept my toes nice and warm.
I'm sooo impressed Julia. You are awesome.. you little camper you. :) (I personally am not very good at the whole tent thing.. I prefer walls)... But, maybe I should give it another try some time. You are studly.
That is awesome jules! and serisouly that looks like so much fun! I bet you are excited now for our girls weekend, where there will be no hiking involved (unless its from the car to the mall or the pool or the nail salon or to eat dinner at a nice restaurant or a movie), and there will be flushing toilets and deoderant.
Post a Comment